How to Successfully Attract Your Ideal Client OnlineJan 13, 2021
Ever feel like you’re wasting time posting content on social media that barely gets noticed?
You may be the best at what you do and have the best offers, but if you can’t differentiate yourself and communicate your value, you won’t capture the attention of the clients you can best serve.
Here are three steps to standing out and building your personal brand online:
#1) DELIVER HUGE VALUE TO SHOW YOU ARE THE EXPERT!
To position yourself as an expert – you have to BE the expert. So how do you do this?
- UP YOUR GAME! Put out good content!
- Less is more – yes, consistency and frequency is essential, but one great post is better than 3 meh posts. Go for absolutely 1 post per day at least.
- There’s a lot of soft content out there. Soft is okay from time to time, but not always.
- No one has time for lazy content – they are bombarded every day.
- Think about it, what are they searching for?
- What are YOU searching for?
- Put out your most valuable content. You can use whichever format you like. The most important thing is you want to do it consistently.
- In my Facebook group, I go live once a week on the same day, and at the same time. Would that be of value to you? It shows your audience they can rely on you, and they begin to look forward to your content!
If you think you’re not good enough, Then you may have IMPOSTER SYNDROME.
- You don’t need another degree or another certification to prove your value. You need to START – YOU NEED TO IMPLEMENT.
- Look at what you’re putting out there and what the possibilities are:
- What are you giving/or can you give that is of value and relevance to your ideal client?
And when you think – yeah but other people are doing that too—
- People aren’t just buying the information. If that were the case – there would be 1 coach, 1 meditation book/blog, 1 book on starting a biz.
- No matter what service you provide, your JOB is educating people so that they understand that you are the right coach or provider for them.
- YOU DO THAT WITH Your valuable content first
- AND within that content comes the YOU part of it – your voice, your why, your values, etc.
YOUR ACTION STEP:
What YOU can give that is of value and relevance to your ideal client? Write down 3 ways you will do this based on your ideal client’s greatest desire.
#2) Connect, don’t convince.
Your messaging and how you show up will help you to connect with people, BUT THIS IS NOT ENOUGH.
There’s a missing link here.
I’ll cover that, but first – let’s talk about connecting through your messaging. How to attract your ideal client online depends on how well you can connect with people.
- Your messaging is NEVER about convincing anyone.
- It’s about being 100% clear on what you do, who you serve, and how you help.
- To do this, you need to be 100% clear on your ideal client.
- This is about knowing how to write messaging and copy that will create a deep connection with your audience.
- But you don’t have to be a master copywriter to do this – the trick is to use the language of your audience. Use their words.
YOUR ACTION STEP (and the missing link!)
Look at posts they’re writing. What words do they use? Ask them what their biggest hurdle is on your posts. I bet you’re thinking, “Ok but what if they don’t comment?”
AH – That doesn’t mean they don’t care. And here’s where we go into the other piece of this – the BIGGER PIECE – that missing link.
People want connection. HUMAN CONNECTION.
What do you want when you’re scrolling through Instagram and Facebook? Why are you there really? AND WHY IS IT SO DEPRESSING SOMETIMES?
Is it possible it’s depressing because you’re stepping into a massive pool of humans but you cannot FEEL connected with ANY OF THEM?
Yes, you can BEGIN to connect with comments. BUT then that’s it – you’re off and they’re off.
The connection has to happen on a deeper level.
This means you need to message people.
Not just anyone though – AND NOT A BOT MESSENGER!
EVERY DAY, FIND 1-5 PEOPLE TO DM. DO IT WITH INTENTION. WITH CURIOSITY. OPEN MINDEDNESS.
- Learn about what they do
- Learn about where they live
- What groups they’re in
- Connect on a perspective you both share on a topic
(PLEASE DO NOT ASK SOMEONE TO BUY ANYTHING, GIVE THEM A LINK, OR TAKE A SURVEY ETC. BEFORE HAVING A CONVERSATION. THAT IS INTERRUPTION MARKETING)
Think about it… What are some ways you can AUTHENTICALLY connect with people online? List them out now.
When you learn how to do this, you stop feeling like you’re wasting your time, and you transform into a value-producing, empathetic, and connected expert who now has access to people whose lives you can actually improve!
ACTION: START TODAY BY SENDING 1-3 DM’S.
AND BTW – When does selling happen? When you make an offer? No! It happens every day – when you’re CONNECTING WITH PEOPLE.
– Selling happens IN a relationship.
#3) BE SEEN
If you want to know how to attract your ideal client online, this is one of the most important ways. How will they find you if they can’t see you?
You need to be on top of their minds, and how do you do that?
Consistency, Frequency, Value
I used to work in healthcare – marketing. How do you market a hospital? It’s not like, hey Marv, I just saw this great story and I’d like to get picked up by the helicopter crew and go to the hospital. They all seem great there!
No – you’re building trust, you’re becoming a brand.
When something goes wrong, you’re going to choose THAT hospital to go to because you have a TRUSTING RELATIONSHIP with them.
When someone finally decides they need a coach – they’re going to contact YOU!
Because you have….
- positioned yourself as the expert
- repeated messages so that they stick
- built trust by showing up every day
- become top of mind
YOUR ACTION STEP – Create your content plan so you can show up every day.
The next thing to do is to go through the actions for each of the 3 pieces I shared and if this feels aligned, come over and join me in the Soul-Aligned CEO Facebook group!
If you love this content and are finding it valuable, hit the subscribe button so you never miss a post!